Wednesday 18 June 2014

Ultramarines Pt.2 - The Arrival


So after an incredibly long wait, the first portion of my Ultramarines army has arrived!
5 Mk.IV tactical marines, a Mk.IV Command Kit and a mighty Spartan!

This is just the first of several deliveries I am anticipating and whilst I'm waiting impatiently for the rest, I'm still SUPER excited to have some blue to paint!

So here's what the first members of my legion look like;



Headless and gunless, we have the enemy right where we want him!
Naturally, obviously, these are the Mk.IV tacticals I recieved. I still haven't gotten the bolters (Nor the other 35 tacticals) so they're going to have a hard time killing things for a while.
I've left the heads off to paint separately and the shoulder pads are from "Puppetswar.eu" (They do these pads in several slightly different varieties, worth checking out) to help with the more obvious Romanesque aesthetic I'm aiming for with this legion.
I plan to have all my infantry equipped with these pads to help tie in the (eventual) Cataphractii and Praetors visually.


I will be posting later with some more WiP's once I've started getting some paint down on the kits.
I'm already feeling daunted and excited to get started on the spartan!

-Felix







1 comment: