Monday 23 June 2014

Ultramarines Pt.3 - Painting Blue!


SO,

After a couple of days of procrastination and uncertainty, I've managed to knock out the five tacticals and the MK.IV command guys I have (almost...one guy still needs finishing touches).
Now admittedly, I haven't started weathering my guys yet, largely because I lack the right tools to weather them the way I want to, so naturally, once they're weathered expect them to feature again.




Without further adieu, I present the beginnings of Squad Aurelius accompanied by Captain Gaius.

(click for larger image)

"Common lads, smell the fresh air!" - Captain Gaius

Now, I make no claims of being a great (or even good) painter and honestly, I wish I could have performed to a higher standard on these guys. I'm leaving them as they are for the time being as I'm expecting another 20 tacticals on my doorstep anytime now. So I once I've tackled them to a similar standard, I'll begin the cleaning up and finer details, though I'll actually be giving these poor marines some bolters before that at least.

That said, I'm still pretty happy with them and not being a proficient photographer I'm sure the image makes them appear less impressive than they do to the human eye. Maybe it's pride at my first completed demi-squad talking, but holding these guys in my hands or popping them on my gaming table amidst terrain makes me feel like I've done a good job. Much more so than my picture(s) do them credit.



So, next on the agenda is finishing of the standard bearer from the command set as well as getting started on my (daunting) Spartan Assault Tank and prepping myself to paint twenty more tacticals.
It's going to be a busy week, hopefully I'll have something to show for it!

1 comment: