Sunday 29 March 2015

ACT Painting Challenge - Ultramarines Pt.1

Well, it's been quite some time since this blog has seen use, though despite that, my Heresy era hobbying has honestly continued in earnest.
Where I was last posting about having a meager few marines done, I've since bolstered my army to roughly 5000pts of blue armored awesomeness!

Now, however, the point of this post isn't to boast about the size of my army, but rather, discuss a new challenge that has been brought up by mr. Wiseman now that the ACT 30k event has been confirmed for the start of next year (23rd - 24th of January).



The challenge of course is to document the building and painting of 2500pts of models for the event itself. So here I am, firing up the blog again to *hopefully* post and keep track of the work I'm doing.
To this end, I've started planning out some ideas for what I'm going to take (and what i'm going to paint as a result) though, as it's still pretty far away, it's a pretty generic list so far.
I'm wanting to at LEAST paint some terminators, Guilliman and some UM specific stuff, even if it doesn't make it into the list in the end and that Xiphon Interceptor is making my insides happy but my wallet wimper in fear.

There's a good chance I will end up painting more than 2500pts worth of models (here's hoping anyway!) and wont be using everything that I paint in the event anyway, but I guess at the end of the day, it's all about encouraging ourselves to get some hobby done and have some pretty toy soldiers at the end of it.

So, if anyone feels like getting involved, but doesn't have the time or effort to post it to a blog, feel free to comment or PM me below and I'll try to post supplementary posts every now and then with community submissions to show off what everyone is working on!


Lastly, before I get stuck into starting the first batch of units for this, I'll leave with a small WiP of something I had started just before this challenge was suggested.


Pretty straightforward repose of the Legion Champion kit with a jump pack attached. The plan here is to use this guy as my Legion Praetor when he's done because he looks somewhat cooler than the MK.IV command model I was using previously.
You can expect the next blog post to be more on this guy's progress and probably some images of the next objective.

Cheers for reading, glory to the Emperor!















2 comments:

  1. Simple but stunning conversion. Look forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, been painting it up all day today, so hopefully a progress post tomorrow!

      Delete